call on: 01342 832 150
This retreat has already started, if you would still like to take part then please contact us.
A course for all levels, from beginner to advanced, covering learning/improving/ experimenting with one or more scripts, depending on previous experience, and using them in the lay-out and design of short texts. Scripts will include: italic, foundational hand, uncial, Carolingian, italic capitals, Roman capitals, copperplate, blackletter, versals; other scripts are possible including modern pointed pen scripts.
Tutor will have spare nibs, pens, reservoirs, paper, ink BUT if you can bring suitable paper, nibs reservoir, ink that would be helpful, and drawing board or similar, as specified, is essential. This can be A3 size, though larger, if travelling by car, is preferable. If you need to borrow a board, please contact Claridge House.
Rooms available from 3pm
Tea and cake 4pm
Quiet Time 4.45pm
First session 7.45pm
Retreat ends with tea and cake at 3.30pm on Thursday, depart at 4pm.
Tools and materials list (to be sent to those booking!).
TO BRING -
Many of the tools and materials can be bought from a local art shop, otherwise online from www.scribblers.co.uk
- Drawing board
- A3 pad Winsor & Newton smooth surface drawing & sketching cartridge 100lbs weight (best price approx £8.99 to buy online from WH Smith`s and collect from your stipulated nearest branch)
- Mitchell`s square cut roundhand nibs sizes 2 2.5 3 3.5 4
- 1 slippon reservoirs
- Bottle Pelikan 4001 black ink
- Ruler, HB pencil, eraser, Pritt gluestick, scissors
- If you wish to write in colour: small mixing palette with compartments, cheap mixing brush, tube Winsor & Newton designer`s gouache ( series 1 or 2 cheapest e.g. turquoise, ultramarine, spectrum red).
If you wish to stay longer, or start your stay earlier, please contact us about availability.
Welcome, kindness and generosity of the Claridge House team… They were wonderful and the meals were EXCEPTIONALLY good! We were incredibly well looked after.
Everything was beautiful - The food was AMAZING!!
Being surrounded just by quietness and nature was wonderful...it was heaven, mystic and relaxing, a real treat for soul and mind! The simplicity was just calming and enchanting a most amazing breakfast! AWESOME!
If I could give a higher rating I would!!!
The room was beautiful and the grounds were stunning - Stacey
The stay was amazing, the room was beautiful, clean and quiet -
Click here to donate online via cafdonate.org
Claridge HouseDormans RoadLingfieldSurrey RH7 6QH01342 832 150Registered charity No.1167155
Copyright ©2019 Claridge House
Website by Worldwide Webdesign